Video of the Day: The Costumes of 'Crimson Peak'

13:01


I'm not usually one for horror movies (I'm actually a big scaredy cat), but I trust Guillermo Del Toro's word when he says Crimson Peak it's not a horror film but a "gothic romance". As usual in Del Toro's flicks, the setting and atmosphere becomes another character and this time the story takes place in a hunted Victorian mansion. Costume designer Kate Hawley (The Hobbit, Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow) has created elaborated dresses using all kinds of Victorian era techniques, with special attention on symbolism and colour-coding. I'll talk more in depth about the film's costumes once I watch it, but for now do not miss Variety's interview with Hawley, where she discusses different aspects of her work.

Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston and Jessica Chastain (what a cast!) star in the film, which opens today internationally. Beware of Crimson Peak...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 commments

google-site-verification: google21da2d24c9b62a4e.html